Hello My Lovely Sage Beauties,
I love answering the skincare questions of my female friends and clients; recommending effective and luxurious products I know will address their major skincare concerns. I also get a lot of questions about skincare concerns for the men in their lives as well! As graduation and engagement/wedding season is in full swing, many women are trying to find out what to buy for the man in their life to address a specific concern, or introduce him to the concept of having a routine. And please let it be something he will actually use!!
On the flip side is the boyfriend or husband who starts using their wife or girlfriend’s products only to realize all of the joy and magic in those bottles and tubes known as “skincare”, and she needs to get him his own products. When to comes to relationships, I believe that a couple that exfoliates together stays together.
Let’s start with three easy steps to get your guy on that skincare lifestyle swiftly and smoothly!
- Give The One You Love A “K.I.S.S” => Just keep it simple my Sage Beauties! It’s easy for a skincare newbie of any gender to get overwhelmed when introduced to the myriad of product choices and ingredients out there; if he does not have a solid routine or has a very basic routine, I would start him off with no more than three to four basic products (1 Shaving Product (Cream or Gel) + A Cleanser + A moisturizer + Eye Cream).
- Make sure each product addresses his immediate concern => Who doesn’t want instant gratification? If your man is not used to using products one of the best ways to make him a believer to start with the concern that is at the top of his list. For example, if he says that his skin is always dry, suprise him with a lightweight moisturizer.
- Find out what he doesn’t like => Find out what he DOES NOT like about products and why certain products did not work well for him in the past. Maybe he prefers a pump to a tube? Maybe he’s concerned about a product feeling too heavy or greasy, and causing breakouts? Maybe he’s sensitive to fragrance so anything with a synthetic fragrance is a no-no.
Now, let’s talk about a few skincare concerns!
1. He gets red/irritated when he shaves!
Sometimes shaving can cause redness and irritation. A soothing creamy blend of coconut oil, glycerin, and sandalwood oil makes The Art of Shaving Shaving Cream in Sandalwood is an outstanding choice for men and women to achieve a comfortable shave and leave your skin smooth and nourished.
2. He gets Ingrown Hairs!
The key to treating as well as preventing ingrown hairs, also referred to as razor bumps, is exfoliating to help keep pores clear of dirt, bacteria, and dead skin cells that can cause hair follicles to become blocked and infected.
Ingrown hairs are the hairs that have curled and grown back into the skin instead of growing out. Dead skin cells can clog hair follicles and before you know it the hair is growing in the wrong direction. If your man’s hair is thick or very curly or coarse then he has be vigilant about exfoliating. One of my favorite options is the Jack Black ‘Bump Fix’ Razor Bump and Ingrown Hair Solution. The Bump Fix contains Salicylic Acid and Lactic Acid to help exfoliate, Chamomile to minimize irritation, and Aloe to soothe.
3. He is experiencing dryness, dryness, and more dryness!!
Daily hydration is a must for healthy skin. I love to recommend Clinique For Men Maximum Hydrator. This product is great for normal to dry skin, helps your skin to hold onto moisture, and has anti-aging benefits as well. If he is a combination skin type, especially during these hot summer months, the Clinique For Men Oil Control Mattifying Moisturizer will help to combat oil in the t-zone and give lightweight hydration.
I would love to hear what products you or your special guy have purchased that he really loves and what makes them amazing!! Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram (@sagebeautyblog)
With Love and Joy,
I hope all is progressing well.
This article really makes me think of the importance of taking care of one’s skin after a shave.